Something to ponder... "If you compare yourself to others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. " from Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

9.12.2010

W2 - 7 slippers

It was a very tiring but happy day. One of my plans has been set. I went to SM Manila to buy 7 pairs of slippers. The slippers are not branded like havaianas and crocs. I cannot afford to give out that kind of expensive flip flops. I just bought them from the department store with cute designs of cartoon characters (mr. bean, duffy duck, etc.).

As I was walking on my way home, I saw a bunch of children with no slippers playing along the grassy island in buendia near the LRT station. At first I was hesitant if I can approach their parents to ask permission if I can give out slippers and take some pictures. But since I was there and I felt the need for the kids to have something underneath their feet, I took my chance and walk towards them.

They made things for me so easy. They were so accommodating. The parents even had their children fell in line. And here are some of their pictures...


Since it was my first time to go out for this kind of outreach, here are some bloopers that made this act funny but still rewarding...
1. I took picture twice for the same kid. I thought he was a different kid that's why my picture archive is only for 6 children. Hehehe....
2. Some of the slippers were designedly made for the girls but the boys took them. Bwahahah...
3. I did not have a chance to have a picture with them. I was so shy.

But all in all, the feeling was very rewarding. I hope I can do this more often.