Something to ponder... "If you compare yourself to others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. " from Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

9.11.2010

W1 - Sponsor a kid to school



I was inspired by the walks of St. John Baptist de La Salle. I learned that he came from a very fortunate family but chose to live with the poor. He prioritized giving education to those who did not have easy access to it. Though he was born a very long time ago, his gesture can still be copied since the scenario remains the same. Reality bites, there are a lot of poor people who cannot go to school.

That's why I thought of sponsoring a child through World Vision. I was reminded when I was strolling in the mall and somebody approached me from World Vision. At that time, I cannot pledge some amount of money every month since my salary is just enough for my daily expenses. Though my salary now is not quite that big, I want to push myself to at least help others and support the advocate of St. de La Salle, in my own little way. The pledge is P600.00/month or approximately P20.00/day. Come to think of it, your P20.00 a day will change somebody's life. Quite cheap but great deed.

I already submitted my intent to help the organization and I hope that they can process it immediately. They will charge my sponsorship through credit card for convenience. I hope I can stand with this act through the years until such time that my sponsor child has already graduated.

For those who would like to sponsor a child to school, come and visit http://www.worldvision.org.ph.





2 comments:

dan said...

and so you are inspired!

christopher apostol said...

yes, i was inspired by St. de la Salle